Thursday, August 19, 2010

Cheese Plate

If you serve a cheese platter, don't forget to let the cheese get to room temperature first. That's where the flavor really shines! Just ask my father...I think I might have gotten them hooked on real Parmesan the last time I visited. There's NO COMPARISON to the white fluff you've been shaking over pasta for the last 20 years! And for eating with some crackers while watching movies or playing chess, well, it's sensational.

For the birthday dinner, we'll be serving 4 cheeses. The first three aren't "authentic" being Brazilian in origin, but they should be fine:

1) a crunchy, salty Brazilian Grana
2) Brie
3) Boursin-like cheese with fresh herbs
4) Cablanca from Holland. It was on sale, and turns out to be a good "entry-level" goat cheese, according to online reviews.

I'm not a big fan of "stinky" cheese and really have to be in the mood for it, so I've stayed with rather safe options for the evening. If you're more adventurous, more power to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment