Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What's Cooking

This post, over at my other blog, details our weekly/biweekly basic grocery shopping. Here's a sample of the menus that came out of that (and a hunk of sausage I bought after the fact):

Breakfasts
-eggs with spinach and sausage
-iced mocha protein shakes
-mango bowls and granola

Lunches
-Tilapia cakes with lime and horseradish
-Fruit with white cheese, ham, homemade jams

Dinners
-Beef with prunes (adapted from a rabbit recipe) in the crockpot, served with noodles; banana coffee cake
-Chicken breasts and asparagus cream rice; almost-flourless chocolate cake
-Crock pot cassoulet (severely altered because we don't want to DIE!) and bitter salad with a homemade vinaigrette; citrus sorbet

I'm having fun with the new French cookbook while being conscious of the fact that we need to watch the richness factor. So I give a lot of cake away! The chocolate cake from yesterday was cut as soon as it cooled, and divided. A couple portions were packed for my lunch date with a fellow blogger, half was carefully sandwiched between layers of parchment paper for a Bible study birthday party, and a few slices went to the doorman. We have enough for 2-3 reasonable desserts if I can keep my greedy fingers off the rest of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment